Whether your priority is saving money, helping the environment or experiencing the latest and greatest technology, electric vehicles have something for everyone.
How Much Will I Save?
Electric vehicles (EVs) cost less to drive and maintain than gas-powered vehicles. See how much you can save by driving electric.
How Will I Impact the Environment?
Electric vehicles (EVs) are clean, green and offer environmental advantages that benefit all of us.
See how much you can reduce emissions by driving electric.
What Else Is In It For Me?
There’s a lot to love about electric drive systems. Technology is the secret power behind them.
Special Savings for Driving Electric
As an electric co-op member, these benefits are just for you.
Federal Home Charger Tax Credit
Take advantage of a tax credit on home charging equipment and installation.
Special Electric Rate
Maximize savings when charging at home. Sign up for a special EV rate.
Federal Tax Credit
Take advantage of tax credits ranging from $2,500 to $7,500 for purchasing a qualifying new electric vehicle.
Low-Interest EV Loan
Finance an EV at a low rate from ElecTel Cooperative Federal Credit Union.
Electric Vehicle Rebate
Tell us you own an electric vehicle, and earn money back on your next bill.
Charging Your EV Has Never Been Easier
Electric cooperatives are placing charging stations across North Carolina, so that no matter where you are, you can reach your destination. And because cooperative communities are located in some of the most beautiful parts of the state, you’ll be able to enjoy the scenery on the way.
- EVs don't accelerate quickly.
- Electric motors generate near-instant torque, meaning that EVs have extremely fast acceleration and a more responsive, zippy feel behind the wheel. EVs react more quickly, meaning faster pickup, improved turning power and a better driving experience.
- Charging takes too long.
- Depending on the level of charging station available, your EV could be up to 80 percent charged in under 30 minutes. Most EV charging happens at home, but as the cooperative network of charging stations expands, it will become faster and more convenient to charge your vehicle no matter where you are.
- EVs only come in a few styles.
- Today’s EVs are different from what you’re picturing. From sedans and trucks, to SUVs and minivans, there are sleek design options to fit any driver. Even more options are on the horizon.
- EVs have limited range.
- Today’s EVs can travel increasingly far on a single charge. In fact, many of today’s popular EV models can travel more than 200 miles before recharging. And thanks to our ever-growing network of charging stations, you can be confident that you’ll have access to the power you need when you’re out on the road.
- EVs are too expensive.
- EVs continue to become more affordable, and with available rebates and tax incentives, are a viable option for many co-op members. Numerous models are eligible for a federal tax incentive of up to $7,500. Co-op members can also access a low-interest EV loan through Electel Federal Cooperative Credit Union.
- EVs need more maintainance.
- EVs tend to have fewer moving parts than gas-powered cars, which means less maintenance and no oil changes. EVs also offer regenerative braking--they convert the energy lost while braking back into stored energy that can be used later--so their brake systems are more efficient and last longer than those of conventional vehicles.